Tax rules in Spain and European Union

In the UE country where you are considered resident, you should be taxed like a national citizen (under the same conditions according to the Equal treatment principle).

In the country where you earn all or most of your income, you have the right to:

  • for childcare costs (even if them are incurred in another EU country): available family allowances and tax reductions
  • for interest on mortgages (even for a house you own in another EU country) available tax deductions
  • if this is possible in that country, joint tax assessment with your spouse